WHO WE ARE
The Association was started in 1994 when three local builders met
to explore the benefits of organizing to establish professional standards for local building and to better provide quality affordable housing for the citizens of Madison County.
Since then, our local HBA has grown to over 150 members and represents approximately 90 percent of all housing starts in Madison County.
We are proudly affiliated with the Home Builders Association of Kentucky and the National Association of Home Builders.
The members of the Madison County Home Builders Association ascribe to assume the responsibility of utilizing exceptional business practices as they relate to homeowners, employees, trade partners and fellow members of the association by abiding with the following code of ethics. We therefore commit to:
• Conduct business affairs with professionalism, honesty and integrity
• Participate in continuing education related to the state of the art of building and management practices
• Uphold and engage in sound financial business practices
• Act professionally, making good faith efforts to meet contractual, moral and ethical obligations and commitments
• Stay current and in compliance with local, state and federal policies, laws, building practices and other essential information
• Provide services and products that meet or surpass building codes, safety regulations, and environmental standards
• Maintain a comprehensive warranty process that responsibly meets the needs of our customers
• Avoid unfair advantage over fellow members. Establishing trusting relationships with the buying public and fellow members
• Avoid intentionally harming, privately or publicly, the professional reputation, customer relations, or business of fellow members
To improve our members’ abilities to responsibly meet the housing needs of our community for a better quality of life
To provide continuing education and information to increase member and public knowledge of industry issues, products and services
To enhance members’ ethical and professional standards and promote a positive image of the industry
To promote the opportunity for affordable, cost-effective home ownership
As a non-profit organization, the MCHBA carries out its mission through a variety of activities including:
Delivering the education and registration programs necessary to advance professional building expertise in our community
Presenting events, such as the Madison County Home and Garden Show, that highlight new technologies and local service providers
Bringing industry members together to help expand peer networks, meet new customers, exchange ideas and grow friendships
Providing valuable member discount programs to reduce business expenses
By these actions we create a positive business environment that will contribute to responsible growth, while being sensitive to environmental issues, enhancing the quality of life and maintaining a strong economic future for the communities we serve.